how do i see unrest at a film festival?
Unrest is screening at film festivals all around the world this spring and summer. To see if the film is coming to your town, check out this list of upcoming screenings or visit our Facebook events page. You can also reach out to your local film festival and ask them to program the film.
WHat is the calendar for unrest's release?
We world premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and plan to first screen the film this spring and summer at dozens of film festivals around the world.
We will update this FAQ as we learn more about our distribution plans, but here is what we know. If you have a question about timelines/distribution, you can always contact us, but if you can't find your answer below, it's probably because we don't yet have the information to answer it:
- World premiere at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT
- Screening at the 2017 SXSW Festival in Austin, TX and other US festivals
- European premiere at CPH:DOX in Copenhagen
- Canadian premiere at HotDocs in Toronto
- UK premiere at Sheffield Doc/Fest
- Australian premiere (TBD)
- Screenings at film festivals around the world
- A US theatrical release
- Possible theatrical release in other global territories
- Community screenings around the world (you can sign up to host a screening, view upcoming screenings here and at our Facebook page, or sign up for our email list)
- Kickstarter rewards: film digitally distributed
- Kickstarter rewards: DVDs distributed
- US broadcast on PBS's Independent Lens Monday, January 8th at 10pm ET
What if I am homebound and can't see the film at a festival, in a theater, or at a community screening?
During our community screenings tour, we plan to do a *limited* number of events where members of the local community who are homebound due to ME or other disabilities will be able to watch the film from home alongside theater-going audiences and participate in Q&A's. The film will eventually be more widely available to homebound audiences via DVD and online - we just don't yet know the details of how or when. In the meantime, if you are homebound, you can help raise awareness by encouraging your friends, family and allies to see the film when it comes to their town, at a festival or in theaters.
HOW DO I GET UPDATES ABOUT THE FILM?
I WAS AN ORIGINAL BACKER. WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY KICKSTARTER REWARD?
Most rewards that do not rely on the completion of the production of the film have already been distributed. Rewards requiring completion of the film's production will be released in 2016-2018, dependent upon our distributors' requirements. We will do everything we can to get the film to you as early as possible. If you have any question about your Kickstarter reward, feel free to contact us.
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO SINCE THE FALL 2013 KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN?
If you've missed this news, see this quick overview of what we've been up to since fall 2013.
WHAT IS "UNREST?" WHAT HAPPENED TO CANARY IN A COAL MINE?
Unrest is the new title for a feature documentary about Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Its working title was Canary in a Coal Mine.